[寫作指導] NYU大學申請練習 College Application Essay|學生作品 Writing Clinic

“If you know how to fly but you never knew how to walk, wouldn’t that be sad?” Lang Lang, 2015 NYU Honorary Degree Recipient

Everyone says university is where you figure out the “what” of your life. However, as someone who already has clear plans and ambitions for the future, university is where I want to learn the “how”. During my tenth year, I had the opportunity to explore my creativity; as a part of my personal project for the Middle Years Program, I created a Vtuber model. Vtuber model is an online avatar for Virtual YouTubers, which allows people to interact with others online without having to reveal themselves. Although not an expert myself, I have always been interested in VTubers and digital technology, and I thought the personal project would offer a great opportunity for me to learn new digital tools. Through this project, I gained new knowledge on different digital drawing skills, communication skills, and using digital tools. However, as I was given limited time, I became too focused on creating actual results instead of taking time to go over the basics of digital technology and making sure I was gaining a proper understanding. Finishing up the project gave me a short-lasting sense of accomplishment, as I soon became dissatisfied with how rushed the entire process was. I realized that it is actually important to understand and appreciate the complex process of creation despite the results. In NYU, I plan on building a proper foundation of knowledge that will become the stepping stones for academic excellence and creativity, and learn the “hows” to make my great ideas into a reality.

留言

熱門文章